Term & Conditions
- Enrollment to any course shall be purely based on sequence of applications and availability of seats..
2. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR COURSES:
(A). EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- Matriculation or above (except for Service/ Armed Forces personnel) for Basic & Advance Mountaineering Courses. Knowledge of English and Hindi is essential
- Minimum 10+2 pass for Methods of Instruction Courses in Mountaineering, Skiing & Water Sports
(B).ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
|Basic Mountaineering Course “A” grade eligible for||Advance Mountaineering Course|
|Advance Mountaineering Course “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Mountaineering) Course|
|Basic Course Skiing having “A” or “B” grade eligible for||Intermediate Skiing Course|
|Intermediate Skiing Course having “A” grade eligible for||Advance Skiing Course|
|Advance Skiing Course having “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Skiing) Course|
|Basic Water Sports Course having “A” grade eligible for||Intermediate Kayaking & Canoeing Course (White Water) & Advance Water Sports Course (Sailing)|
|Intermediate Kayaking & Canoeing Course (White Water) having “A” grade eligible for||Advance Water Sports Course (White Water Kayaking)|
|Advance Water Sports (Sailing or Kayaking) having “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Water Sports Course)|
|Elementary Search & Rescue Course/ Basic Mountaineering Course with “A” or “B” Grade is eligible for
*** Army/ Para Military Forces/ Home Guards/Police Forces are exempted from above condition.
|Search & Rescue Course ( 14 Days)|
3. COURSE FEE
The course fee, mentioned for respective courses includes accommodation in hostel/ tents in training area/ field; food and training.
4. TRAVEL EXPENSES
Participants (trainees) have to pay for their travel expenses on their own from their home to the Institute/ Regional Centre/Sub Centre (place of training) and back to their home.
PROCEDURE FOR BOOKING SEATS/ COURSES
All bookings shamble made through abvimas.org
5. AGE LIMIT
Different age limit has been prescribed for different courses keeping in mind. the nature and rigorousness of training. The age of a participant for a course will be considered as on 1st January of the year in which he/she is to attend the course.
6. DISCIPLINE / DISMISSAL
All the training courses and programs are conducted by the ABVIMAS at its Manali headquarters and Regional and Sub Centers in Himachal Pradesh require all candidates to be on their best behavior at all times. In case of a complaint, following actions shall hold as grounds for instant dismissal from any course, legal action may be initiated against the candidate and he/she shall be eligible for no refund in such disciplinary case with final discretion of the Director, ABVIMAS:
- Verbal/ physical abuse with the fellow candidates or staff members of ABVIMAS.
- Use of alcohol, narcotics, contraband substances in the premises of ABVIMAS and training fields.
- Unjustified absence during training/sessions/courses. If any candidate is absent from the Course/Program for more than 2 days in 26/28 days Courses and 1 day in any short duration Course/Program, he/she shall be dismissed.
- Use/ possession of arms & ammunition.
- Any other actions deemed unsolicited/ unwarranted thereby.
7. PHYSICAL CONDITIONING / FITNESS :
All trainees must be physically fit for their respective courses & a medical certificate from a recognized MBBS/GAMS Doctor should be deposited at the Institute before joining any course. All activities conducted by the Institute are physically demanding. Trainees must ensure that before joining any course, they should go for long walks, jogging & running paired with warm up, cool down and breathing exercises/ Pranayam.
8. IDENTITY CARD:
Photo fixed identity card will be issued to the participants / trainees. It will be valid for availing all the facilities while in the Institute, Regional Centre / Sub Centre.
9.TRANSFERABILITY OF COURSE:
Once admitted to a certain course, the request for transfer to another course by a candidate shall be entertained on following conditions:
- Request of transfer to the desired course before 60 days commencement of the previously selected course shall be allowed and a seat shall thus be allotted in the next batch, subject to availability, without any extra charge.
- Request of transfer to the desired course 45 days before the commencement of the previously selected course shall be allowed and a seat shall thus be allotted in the next batch, subject to availability and an extra charge of 25% of the course fees shall be levied that shall be payable by the candidate.
- Request of transfer to the desired course 30 days before the commencement of the previously selected course shall be allowed and a seat shall thus be allotted in the next batch, subject to availability and an extra charge of 50% of the course fees shall be levied that shall be payable by the candidate.
- Request for transfer to the desired course shall not be entertained within 30 days of the commencement of the originally selected course.
- Request for transfer shall stand terminated in case of non availability of seats in the desired course and the candidate shall opt to continue with the originally selected course or cancel his/her enrollment altogether. Kindly refer to the cancellation/ refund policy for the same.
- Request for transfer to a desired course shall only be allowed once, subject to availability.
10. CANCELLATION/ REFUND POLICY
Once a seat is confirmed after payment/ transfer, the request for cancellation shall be entertained on following conditions :
- The candidate shall be eligible for full refund of the paid amount if the request for cancellation is initiated before 60 days of commencement of the selected course within working hours.
- The candidate shall be eligible for 75% refund of the paid amount if the request for cancellation is initiated before 45 days of commencement of the selected course within working hours.
- The candidate shall be eligible for 50% refund of the paid amount if the request for cancellation is initiated 30 days before commencement of the selected course within working hours.
- The candidate shall be eligible for NO REFUND if the request for cancellation is initiated within 30 days of commencement of the selected course.
- The candidate shall be eligible for NO REFUND if a request for cancellation of a confirmed transferred seat is made.
11. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE WORKING HOURS
Monday to Saturday - 10:00AM to 5:00PM.
12. ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE NON WORKING HOURS
- Second Saturday
- Gazetted/ Restricted Holidays
- Candidates are expected to arrive one day prior to the commencement of the course.
- No admissions shall be allowed on the day of commencement of the course starting from 12:00AM. No exceptions shall be made.
- Late arrival for joining the course will be allowed only in case of train/ bus arriving late due to adverse weather conditions, landslides, accident, strike or any other unavoidable reasons including death or serious illness of a family member or relative or examination/ interview etc. A trainee will be allowed to join the course late by maximum 2 (two) days only.
Candidates shall be permitted to discontinue an ongoing course at any stage on account of following reasons :
- Personal choice/emergency
- Poor health
- Injury sustained during training
- Other reasons
Incidentally, such candidates shall not be awarded with the certificate of completion however a certificate of participation may be awarded on discretion of the appointed Course Instructor/ Director/ Joint Director.
15. RISK AND INDEMNIFICATION
Candidates and parents/ guardians of minors shall understand the risk involved with the nature of activities of the courses/sessions/training. The candidate and parents/ guardians shall not hold ABVIMAS and its employees, partners, affiliates, respective officers completely or partially accountable/responsible for any loss, damage, liability, claim, expenses, compensation, accident, injury etc.
16. COMPLAINTS/ SUGGESTIONS:
ABVIMAS prides itself on providing the best services possible by means of supremely talented instructors and well trained staff. Nevertheless, we strive for improvement in all areas of our dealings. In case of any suggestions/ complaints the candidates are directed to contact their enrolling officer for the same.
All information declared by candidates to ABVIMAS by means of forms/ website is solely used for the purpose of booking and better delivery of services. ABVIMAS does not share/ sell any personal information directly or indirectly to any party.